Throughout the year, Waterbury is home to a number of fun, festive and quirky events. Revitalizing Waterbury (RW) is one of many local nonprofit organizations that hosts events that bring our community together, raise awareness about timely issues, encourage consumers to ‘buy local’ and entice visitors to explore Waterbury. For a complete listing of current events, visit our Events Calendar (link).
FEATURED WATERBURY EVENTS
Waterbury Farmers' Market - Our farmers market takes place every Thursday in the summer from 3-7pm. Come buy local!
- Rotary Easter Egg Hunt - Bring your youngsters to this great easter egg hunt to celebrate the holiday!
- Gravel Grinder - Join mountain biking enthusiasts on this spring bike ride on Waterbury's dirt roads and support the Waterbury Area Trail Alliance work building and maintaining Waterbury's trails.
- Kids Fest - This annual event is held in downtown Waterbury at Rusty Parker Memorial Park. It is a day filled with music, entertainment, children’s activities and much more. The Kids Fest also serves as a place for people to become aware of organizations that serve families with young children.
- Rotary Club Summer Concert Series - Put on by the Rotary Club in Waterbury, this annual Concert Series and Farmers Market is a free and fun family event. This free event takes place on Thursday summer nights.
- Not-Quite-Independence Day Parade - In Waterbury, Independence Day celebrations get started a little bit early. Every year days before The Fourth, the streets of the town are shut down for the lively NQID parade and then spill over to family fun activities and fireworks!
- Waterbury Arts Fest - This RW-sponsored community arts festival delivers fun for everyone and is a showcase for local art, food and entertainment. Taking place every second weekend of July, our festival is a signature summer event for Waterbury. The festivities include the Friday Night Block Party, with great food, beer garden and music for dancing under the stars and Saturday's Arts Fest, an open-air arts and crafts market with over 100 vendors selling their locally crafted wares.
- Free Summer Outdoor Movie Fest - Fun family movies are shown on Fridays at the Ben & Jerry's factory.
- Vermont Antique and Classic Car Show – The Car Show is one of the largest and oldest in New England and is a cherished summer tradition in Vermont. Some of the events that take place are include automobile judging, a flea market & car corral, and antique car parade and street dance and awards ceremony.
- Leaf Peepers Half Marathon - For over 30 years, the leaf peepers half marathon and 5k races have taken place in Waterbury. This autumn event highlights the atheletic and outdoorsy nature of our town!
- Sunzilla – Sunflower Contest - Its exactly what it sounds like! Come down to Rusty Parker Park and see who has grown the tallest sunflower!
- River of Light Lantern Parade - In 2010, a group of local artists taught community members how to make willow and tissue paper lanterns. After creating the lanterns, they paraded them through town. Since then the parade has grown and artists hold workshops days prior to the event teaching anyone the art behind creating one of these beautiful lanterns. needs better description
- Waterbury Holiday Stroll - Join us the first weekend in December for the Annual Holiday Stroll, Waterbury's official kick-off to the holiday season. Activities include the Artisans Boutique, the River of Light Lantern Parade, retail and restaurant special offerings and events, and extended shopping hours to draw visitors and families to Waterbury to shop, dine and celebrate.
- Wrap It Up And Win - Each holiday season, RW organizes a four-week annual holiday promotion in December to encourage locals and visitors to shop and dine downtown. Dozens of businesses participate and prizes are awarded each week to shoppers who fill stamped cards. Annually, we have over 1,000 cards completed and over 50 businesses participate in the promotion.
- Waterbury WinterFest - A ten-day festival in the heart of winter that includes great activities for all ages. Some activities include Moonlight Snowshoe, Ice Sculpting, Moonlight Ski, Chess Tournament, Wassailing and much more!